Title I Home Improvement Loans

Author: Housing Editors

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (94 votes, average: 4.72 out of 5)


Title I Home Improvement Loans are available through HUD approved lenders. The loans can be used for both small and large home improvements and can be used in conjunction with a 203 K Rehabilitation Loan.

Loan Amounts:
  • House loan: max $25,000 (max term: 20 years) for single family home.
  • Mobile home loan : max $25,090 (max term: 15 years) for a mobile home on permanent foundation.
  • – Mobile home loan: max $7,500 for manufactured house not on a permanent foundation 

This FHA Tittle I loan can be used for any home improvement, also home appliances as long as they’re builtin. The loan can be used not only for to pay materials and work but also for related fees (permits, etc).


Interest Rate: The interest rate for this loan is fixed and is based on the most current market rate in your area. The rate is negotiable between borrower and lender and differs between lenders.


To Apply: A property owner can apply at any HUD approved lender in your area such as a bank, credit union, savings and loan association or mortgage company. In order to apply for this loan the homeowner should have a good credit standing and the structure needs to be finished and occupied for at least 90 days before the application date.


Contact Information:


FHA: 1-800-767-7468 and request item 2651 ” Fixing Up Your Home and How to Finance It”